Amritsar is one of the most travelled tourist destinations in India due to the existence of several religious sites. The Golden Temple, also called Sri Harmandir Sahib, is the holiest place of Sikh religion.
Attractions: The Golden Temple, Jallian Wala Bagh, Durgiana Temple, Wagah Border, Ram Bagh -Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum etc.
Location: Amritsar city is situated in northern Punjab state of northwestern India which lies about 29 km east of the border with Pakistan.
HOW TO REACH: Amritsar is well connected by Air, Rail and Road with Delhi. It is also connected by Rail and Road with Chandigarh. From Chandigarh one can follow the route: Chandigarh – Kurali- Ropar – Nawan Sahar – Banga – Phagwara – Jalandhur -Amritsar.
Distance: Amritsar is approx.450 K.Ms from Delhi and 235 K.Ms from Chandigarh.
Accommodation: Sufficient accommodation in Govt. and private sector as well as within the Golden Temple complex is available in Amritsar.
- Altitude above sea level: 234 Meters
- Climate: Temperature Min. Temperature
Summer 39 25
Winter 15 04
- Best season to visit: October to March. However, Amritsar can be visited at any time during the year.
- Clothing: Summer: Light cotton, Winter: Woolens
- Language: Punjabi, Hindi, English & Urdu
- Items to carry: Required medicines etc.
- Any other information: Local rules must be followed while visiting Religious places, Wagah Border etc. Langar is available at Golden Temple where tea, breakfast, lunch and dinner is served to the tourists as Langar.