Brief about the Destination: Haridwar is one of the holiest places for Hindus in India. It is a city of great religious significance. The mighty Ganga hurries down from the hills. The Ganga is worshipped as the “holy mother” and believed to be cleanser of all sins. Every person visiting Haridwar also takes holy dip in Ganga. Yatris, who proceed on Char Dham Yatra, also, first of all take holy dip at Har Ki Pauri, Haridwar and thereafter proceed for journey to Himalaya Ke Char Dham i.e. Yamnotri-Gangotri-Kedarnath-Badrinath.
Rishikesh is another holy city, just around 25 K.Ms from Haridwar and is known for studying Yoga and meditation. It is also a Gateway to the Himalaya Ke Char Dham.
Places to visit: Haridwar: Daksh Parjapati Temple, Har Ki Pauri, Ganga Temple, Mansa Devi Temple, Chandi Temple.
Rishikesh: Laxman Jhoola, Triveni Ghat, Ram Jhoola, Bharat Mandir
Location: Haridwar is located within the municipality Limits of Haridwar, in the Haridwar District of Uttarakhand, India. Rishikesh is located in Dehradun District of the Indian State Uttarakhand.
Route: Chandigarh-Ambala Cantt-Jagadhari-Saharanpur-Roorki-Haridwar-Rishikesh.
Distance from Chandigarh: Haridwar: 250 K.Ms
Rishikesh: 275 K.Ms
Accommodation: Hotels and Dharamshalas are available.
- Altitude above see level:
Haridwar: 294.7 Meters
Rishikesh: 356 Meters
- Temperature (Average)-Degree Celcius
Season Haridwar Rishikesh
Max. Min. Max. Min.
Summer 41 16 43 16
Winter 16 6 25 10
- Best season to visit: Though Haridwar and Rishikwsh can be visited throughout the year. However, the best season is from October to March.
- Clothing: Summer: Cotton cloth Winter: Woolen cloth
- Language: Hindi, Garhwali and English.
- Items to carry: Required medicines, Big towels to change clothes.
- Any other information: Avoid intoxicants. Do not pollute Ganga.