Brief about the Destination: It is a land of historical importance where the Kurukshetra War was fought between Kaurvas and Pandvas.
Attractions/Places to see:Braham Sarovar, Sanhit Sarovar, Jyotisar, Shri Krishna Museum, Sheikh Chilli Ki Makabra.
Location: It is located in Haryana, near Pipli just 5 K.Ms away from National Highway No. 1 connecting Chandigarh-Delhi.
Distance from Chandigarh: 105 K.Ms
Accommodation: Hotels and Dharamshala are available in Pipli, Kurukshetra and Jyotisar.
- Altitude above sea level: 260 Meters
- Temperature: Minimum Maximum
(Degree Celcius) (Degree Celcius)
Summer 35 45
Winter 4 17
- Best season to visit: Throughout the year. However, September to March is more comfortable
- Clothing: Summer: Cotton Winter: Woolen
- Language:Hindi, Haryanvi, Punjabi and English.
- Items to carry: Required medicines.
- Any other information: Temples are usually closed from 12.00 noon to 4 p.m. and again at 9 pm for the night. Do not use soap while taking bath in holly tanks.