Brief about the Destination: Manikaran is a pilgrimage centre for Hindus and Sikhs. It is associated with Lord Shiva and Parvati. Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji has also visited this place.
Places to see: Gurudwara Manikaran Sahib, Temple of Lord Shiva & Hot Springs and Temple of Lord Rama.
Location:Manikaran is located in the Parvati Valley between the rivers Beas and Parvati, northeast of Bhuntar in the Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh. Kullu is 45 K.Ms from Manikaran.
Route: Chandigarh-Ropar-Kiratpur Sahib-Swar Ghat-Bilaspur-Sunder Nagar-Mandi-Pandoh-Bhunter-Manikaran.
Distance from Chandigarh: Manikaran is 300 K.Ms from Chandigarh.
Accommodation: Accommodation is available at Manikaran Gurudwara Sahib. Hotels are also available at Manikaran.
- Altitude above sea level: Manikaran:1760 Meters
- Temperature: Maximum Minimum
(Degree Celcius) (Degree Celcius)
Summer 17 5
Winter 03 -8
- Best season to visit: Manikaran: April to June, Sept. to Oct.
- Clothing:Summer: Light woolens, Winter: Heavy Woolens
- Language:Pahari, Hindi, Punjabi and English.
- Items to carry: Woolen clothes ,Water bottle and required medicines etc.
- Any other information: Tourists should be mentally and physically ready for trekking/walking for various tourist places.