Brief about the Destination: Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine is one of the oldest shrine of India, located on the holy Trikuta Hills of the Shivalik Hill Range in District Udhampur of Jammu and Kashmir state. The Goddess Mata Vaishno Devi’s abode is in 100 feet long cave with a narrow opening. The holy cold and crystal clear water washes the lotus feet of the Mata’s “Pindian”. There are three natural pindies representing Maha Sarswati, Maha Lakshmi, Maha Kali, which represent creative, preservative, and destructive aspects of the Super Power. Holy Shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi is the abode of Mata Vaishno Devi.
Places to visit: Bhumika Temple/Darshani Darwaja, Ban Ganga Temple, Charan Paduka Temple, Ardh Kuwari Temple, Holy Cave of Mata Vaishno Devi and Bhairon Temple.
Location:. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine is located in District Udhampur of Jammu and Kashmir state. The Holy cave is 13 Kms from the Base Camp Katra. The Town Katra is 50 Kms away from Jammu.
Route:Chanidgarh–Ropar-Balachour-Hoshirpur-Pathakot- Mahopur – Lakhanpur- Jammu- Katra
Distance from Chandigarh: 400 K.Ms
Accommodation: Hotels and Dharamshalas are available at Katra and at Bhawan.
- Altitude above sea level: Katra:2500 Bhawan: 5300 Ft.
- Temperature Maximum Minimum
(Degree Celcius) (Degree Celcius)
Katra Bhawan Katra Bhawan
Summer 41 30 20 15
Winter 15 13 03 -02
- Best season to visit: March to July and September to October.
- Clothing: Cotton/Light woolens in summers and heavy woolens in winters.
- Language:Dogri, Hindi, English.
- Items to carry:: Proper clothing and required medicine.
- Any other information: Tourists should be mentally and physically ready for trekking/walking for various tourist places. Avoid intoxicants.