Brief about the Destination: Nainital is one of the most beautiful hill stations in North India. It is also called Lake District of India. Surrounded by mountains on three sides, Nainital is located around the beautiful lake Naini Tal. This beautiful small town in surrounded by seven hills, popularly known as ‘Sapta-Shring’ – Ayarpata, Deopata, Handi-Bandi, Naina, Alma, Lariya-Kanta and Sher-Ka-Danda. The majestic mountains and the sparkling waters of the lake add a lot to the beauty of the town. The city is a beautiful mixture of all the hues of nature.
Places to visit :Naini Lake, Naina Devi Temple, Bhim Tal, Saattal, Mall Road, Hanuman Garhi, Zoo Gardens. Excusions can also be made to Rani Khet, Almora and Kasauni etc.
Location: The Lake District of India ‘Nainital’ is in the State of Uttarakhand, India.
Distance from Chandigarh: Approx. 460 K.Ms
Accommodation: Sufficient Accommodation is available in Nainital. However, during tourist season, it is better to book the accommodation in advance.
- Altitude above sea level: 1938 Meters
- Temperature: Maximum Minimum
Summer 26.7 10.6
Winter 15.6 2.8
- Best season to visit: Nainital can be visited at any time during the year. However, the best season is from April to June and then again from September and October.
- Clothing: Summer: Cotton/ Light woollen,
Winter: Heavy Woolens
- Language: Kumaoni, Hindi, Garhwali
- Items to carry: Required medicines, sports shoes and clothes as per season.
- Any other information: There are traffic restrictions at the Mall Road, Nainital, which must be followed.