Brief about the Destination: Sri Harmandir Sahib, also known as Sri Darbar Sahib or Golden Temple, is the holliest Gurudwara and is one of the Five Takhts of Sikhism. Sri Harmandir Sahib is one of the most traveled tourist destinations in India.
Places to visit within Golden Temple: Akal Takhat Sahib,Darshani Deori, Nishan Sahib Miri Piri, Dukh bhanjan Beri, Har Ki Pauri, Central Sikh Museum, Langar Hall (Community Kitchen)
Location: Sri Harmandir Sahib is located in Amritsar city which is situated in northern Punjab state of north western India which lies about 25 km east of the border with Pakistan.
Route: Chandigarh-Kurali-Ropar-Nawan Sahar-Banga-Phagwara-Jalandhur-Amritsar.
Distance from Chandigarh: 250 K.Ms
Accommodation: Accommodation is available within the Golden Temple complex and its periphery.
- Altitude above sea level: 234 Meters
- Temperature: Maximum Minimum
Summer 39 25
Winter 15 04
- Best season to visit: Sri Harmandir Sahib can be visited at any time during the year. However, the best season is from October to March.
- Clothing: Summer: Light cotton, Winter: Woolens
- Language: Punjabi, Hindi, English & Urdu
- Items to carry: Required medicines etc.
Any other information: Local rules must be followed while visiting Religious places, Wagah Border etc. Langar is available at Golden Temple where tea, breakfast, lunch and dinner is served to the tourists.